Difference between revisions of "The Right Way to Monitor Driver Conduct with GPS Tracking"
(Created page with "Buying Way to Monitor Driver Conduct with GPS Tracking <br />Posted July 30, 2019 <br />by fleetmanager <br />There can be a right way and an inaccurate way introducing GPS tr...")
Latest revision as of 01:52, 13 October 2019
Buying Way to Monitor Driver Conduct with GPS Tracking
Posted July 30, 2019
There can be a right way and an inaccurate way introducing GPS tracking to your staff. Owners and managers of small business fleets you be worried about their drivers' safety and conduct when they are out the actual planet field. Implementing This startup's tiny location tracker gives me peace of mind whenever I travel tracking system can go a long way toward putting these worries to take it easy. But only it can be done right.
First, let's take a take a 5 of the most significant benefits of implementing GPS tracking:
1. Avoids unauthorized trips
2. Keeps your fleet running smoothly and on time
3. Improves customer service
4. Can increase profits
5. Enhances the safety and reliability of fleet vehicles
GPS Tracking is brand new Normal
As more fleets embrace GPS tracking, the Much larger stigma just isn't as strong seeing that it used to be. If you operate product or delivery fleet, there is a chance that some of one's drivers be assured that a coworker takes unauthorized trips. Being The moral side of GPS trackers for children – Do or Don’t_ by Verizon Connect points out, idea of misconduct probably bothers the employees as almost as much ast it bothers you.
Introducing GPS tracking may help cut concerning misconduct and allow honest employees to appear to be they're operating within a degree playing space. There's These Are the Best Tracking Devices for Kids Who Wander , however, when introducing GPS tracking: you end up being honest and transparent precisely how you can using your employees' important information.
The Wrong Way flying insects GPS Tracking
Nobody likes finding out that their data will probably be used without their knowledge or consent. This includes your workers. A recent article in Fleet Owner Magazine describes what not do when introducing GPS tracking:
Some fleet owners and managers are engaged about employees reacting negatively to tracking their vehicles, so they begin using the system without introducing the technology to drivers and then surprise them by using the data during coaching to. . . . it is strongly advised to discuss plans the following GPS tracking with drivers before while using data.
The Right way to Introduce GPS Tracking
To reiterate: using GPS tracking data without your employees' knowledge will erode trust and lead to negative perceptions of this useful system. Both Verizon Connect and Fleet Owner inform the few listed tips on the right way to introduce GPS tracking:
1. Boost the comfort and completely transparent about how GPS tracking works additionally, you will you will be using your drivers' data.
2. Let your employees know what theyas well as your businessstand obtain by implementing tracking.
* What the business will gain: Will begin to a technology available to help solve difficult business challenges, help perform jobs more efficiently, and increase revenue, why wouldn't it be second hand? Fleet Owner
* What's in it for them: Let your drivers just how GPS tracking can help make their jobs easier, safer and can also keep them out of trouble. Some paperwork requirements, like manually tracking mileage, could stop their blame. You'll also be able to send help to their GPS location in a disaster. Plus, if they're falsely accused of being late or driving recklessly, then you could stick up for these items.Verizon Connect
3. Create clear driver policies because and where GPS tracking will be utilized. Share your policy with the employees before it begins by consuming using their data
4. Consider an incentives program. Tracking drives profits and these profits can be shared with employees. Consider increasing salaries and/or awarding bonuses linked to safer driving practices and good perform.